Interest Rate Swap Mis-Selling
At Abacus, we offer a unique and dedicated service in the process of Interest Rate Swap (IRS) claims against banks and other financial institutions.
We have brought together a specialist team from the world of business disputes, finance and law, and with this expertise we are able to provide our clients with an unrivalled, comprehensive and straightforward service in a very complex area of litigation.
If your business has been sold a loan in the last 10 years, you may be able to register a claim.
Many loans were sold with add-on products that may not have been needed or wanted, and often the lenders would make these products an integral and conditional part of the loan.
We can help you. Call us on 0161 833 0044 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We understand that every business is unique and our approach is tailored to suit your individual circumstances.
Our strength in this complex area of litigation is our legal knowledge and experience. We will help you get the best results from your claim, making the whole process as stress-free as possible.
THERE IS A TIME LIMIT TO REGISTER YOUR CASE
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE BEEN MIS-SOLD DO NOT DELAY, CONTACT US NOW TO BEGIN YOUR CLAIM
Have I been Mis-Sold an Interest Rate Swap?
When selling Interest Rate Swap products, the bank or financial institution has an obligation to ensure that:
- The product is suitable for the client
- The customer fully understands the product that is being sold
- The customer fully understands the risks
Examples of mis-selling:
- The customer did not understand how the product worked
- The customer did not understand the risks involved if the loan was terminated, i.e. the break costs
- The customer did not understand that the bank could terminate the loan and the customer would still be liable for the break costs
- The Interest Rate Swap was ‘over-hedged’, i.e. the amount of the hedge or its length was greater than the underlying loan, leading to greater break costs on termination
Is there a time limit to claim?
6 years from the date the Interest Rate Swap was sold. If you think you have a claim for interest rates swap mis-selling, seek our expert as soon as possible.