Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact Gareth Jones, our Client Care Partner at Reedham House, 31-33 King Street West, Manchester, M3 2PN.
What will happen next?
- We will send you a written communication acknowledging your complaint and asking you to confirm or explain any additional details that may be needed. We will also let you know the name of the person who will be dealing with your complaint. You can expect to receive our acknowledgment within 3 days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will, as soon as we receive your complaint, record it in our central register and open a file for your complaint. We will then start to Investigate your complaint. This will normally involve our Client Care Partner discussing the matter with any persons Involved in the complaint and examining all relevant files.
- We will either write to you with a full written response to your complaint or invite you to meet Gareth Jones to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. We would hope to be in a position to send a written response or meet with you in this way no longer than 21 days after first receiving your complaint.
- Within 3 days of any meeting we will write to you to confirm what took place and any suggestions that we have agreed with you.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, please let us know. We will then arrange a review of our decision. We would generally aim to do this within 14 days. This will happen in one of the following ways.
- Gareth Jones will review his own decision
- We will arrange for someone in the firm who has not been involved in your complaint to review it
- We will let you know the result of the review within 7 days of the end of the review. At this time we will write to you, confirming our final position on your complaint and explain our reasons. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 165870 Birmingham, B30 9EB. Telephone 0300 555 0333 between the hours of 8:30 and 5:30. E-mail: email@example.com website address: www.legalombudsman.org.uk about your complaint. We very much hope that this will not be necessary.
- If we have to change any of the timescales set out above, we will let you know and explain why