Party Wall Act Disputes

A ‘party wall’ is the wall between your property and a neighbour if you live in a semi-detached or terraced property.

The Party Wall Act 1996 regulates modifications to property which involve significant changes to this wall. Changes such as installing plug sockets, lights or shelving are not significant enough to require the use of the procedure outlined in the Act.

Party wall act disputes which may be relevant are cutting into a wall, inserting damp proof course, raising the height of a party wall or demolishing part or rebuilding it or excavating within 3 metres of your neighbours wall that is deeper than the foundations of the wall

Any works in the vicinity of the boundary will need to be considered. If you are considering modifications to your property which involve the party wall, we can guide you through the procedure required to ensure you comply with the Party Wall Act.

Call us on 0161 833 0044 or email