Nuisance & Trespass to Property
Disputes with neighbours can arise from a number of situations, many of which are related to one or more neighbours intruding or interfering with another neighbour’s land or property. These types of neighbour disputes are looked on by solicitors as either nuisance or trespass problems, an area which the neighbour dispute solicitors at Abacus have specialist expertise in.
What is Trespassing?
Trespassing refers to an individual entering or occupying land without permission from the owner. There are many situations which are considered trespassing, but with neighbour disputes, typical trespassing issues include:
- A neighbour leaving rubbish on another neighbour’s property
- A neighbour building on another neighbour’s property e.g. a wall or fence
- A neighbour entering another neighbour’s land or property without permission
If a neighbour has fallen foul of the UK trespassing laws, you may wish to seek advice and representation from solicitors specialising in neighbour disputes. The Abacus team will be able to provide expert guidance on the best course of action for your own trespassing issues.
What is Nuisance?
Nuisance covers a wide variety of issues that are irritating and that can impact the comfort and normality of everyday life. Some nuisances go as far as to cause damage when not dealt with. More specifically, nuisances that are caused by neighbours often include, but are not limited to:
- Excessive noise that causes a distraction or annoyance
- A leak from one neighbour’s property onto another, which hasn’t been dealt with
- A smell originating from one neighbour’s property onto another, that hasn’t been dealt with
- Tree roots or branches that extend into a neighbouring property, sometimes causing damage
Our dispute resolution solicitors are frequently tasked with helping property owners to settle issues with their nuisance neighbours. Get in touch with our team of neighbour dispute solicitors, to discuss a nuisance claim you may wish to pursue. They will be able to offer advice on whether or not the issue is severe enough for legal proceedings, and if it it is, they can guide you through the process.
Get in Touch with our Neighbour Dispute Solicitors
To discuss your trespass or nuisance claim with an expert in the field, email our litigation team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, contact our Manchester or Warrington offices directly, to begin your claim with your local dispute resolution solicitor.