As with all other cosmetic surgical procedures, liposuction has side effects and a risk of complications that you need to be aware of.
Complications associated with Liposuction
- Post operative infection
- Lumpy and uneven results after the fat has been removed
- Bleeding under the skin – known as haematoma
- Numbness in the treated area that may last for months
- Changes in skin colour and a loss of normal feeling in the area treated if the treatment area is prepared using a technique involving high-frequency vibrations
- Thrombosis – the clotting of blood within a blood vessel, which can obstruct or stop the flow of blood
- A build-up of fluid in the lungs – known as pulmonary oedema, which can occur as a result of the fluid injected into the body
- Pulmonary embolism – a potentially fatal blockage in the lungs caused by a blood clot
- Damage to the internal organs during the procedure
If you have undergone a liposuction procedure that you feel was carried out incorrectly or you have suffered as a result of a complication, you may be able to claim for compensation.
Call us on 0161 833 0044 or email your enquiry to us:
Or simply fill out our form by clicking HERE and we’ll get back to you